1. The act of putting in proper order; the state of being put in order; disposition in suitable form.
2. That which is disposed in order; system of parts disposed in due order.
The interest of that portion of social arrangement is in the hands of all those who compose it.
3. Preparatory measure; previous disposition; as, we have made arrangements for receiving company.
4. Final settlement; adjustment by agreement; as, the parties have made an arrangement between themselves concerning their disputes; a popular use of the word.
5. Classification of facts relating to a subject, in a regular, systematic order; as the Linnean arrangement of plants.